[Release] Kundera 3.9

Devender Yadav

Jun 5, 2017, 1:47:47 AM6/5/17
to kundera-discuss
Hi All,

We are happy to announce Kundera 3.9 release.

Kundera is a JPA 2.1 compliant, polyglot object-datastore mapping library for NoSQL datastores. The idea behind Kundera is to make working with NoSQL databases drop-dead simple and fun. It currently supports Cassandra, HBase, MongoDB, Redis, OracleNoSQL, Neo4j, ElasticSearch, CouchDB, Kudu, Spark and relational databases.

Major Changes in 3.9 :
=================
   - MongoDB Java driver updated to 3.4
   - Parameterized and positional query support in Apache Kudu

Github Bug Fixes :
How to Download:
==============
To download, use or contribute to Kundera, visit:

The latest release of Kundera's tag is 3.9 whose maven libraries are now available at:

Note :
=====
  - Support for HBase version 1.2+ with the revised data model is available with Kundera's  "kundera-hbase-v2" dependency.   - Spark support with Kundera currently works for Cassandra, MongoDB, HDFS, Hive, Teradata and CSV. The support is enabled using Spark 1.4.0 version.
  - 3.8 release of Kundera is compatible with Cassandra3.x which includes JDK 1.8  as one of its pre-requisites.
  - Sample code and examples for using Kundera can be found here: https://github.com/impetus-opensource/Kundera/tree/trunk/src/kundera-tests

Troubleshooting :
============
  - In case you are using 3.8 version Kundera with Cassandra make sure you have JDK 1.8 installed.
  - If you wish to use UDT support with Cassandra please enable CQL3 before performing any operations.
  - https://github.com/impetus-opensource/Kundera/wiki/Common-Issues-and-Troubleshooting

Please share you feedback with us by filling a simple survey:

Thank you all for your contributions and using Kundera!

Regards,
Kundera Team
Follow us on twitter,linkedin

CrashedServer

Aug 2, 2017, 2:21:56 PM8/2/17
to kundera-discuss
Hi,

>>   - If you wish to use UDT support with Cassandra please enable CQL3 before performing any operations.

How can I do the above in persistence.xml?

Right now I am using the following with each instance of EntityManager....

entityManager.setProperty("cql.version", CassandraConstants.CQL_VERSION_3_0);