Transactions and HA with multiple tomcats over Kundera with cassandra backend

alexe...@smartseater.com

May 28, 2015, 11:35:02 AM5/28/15
to kundera...@googlegroups.com
In the process of doing a feasibility study to migrate an existing Spring-Data web application over Hibernate to Cassandra.
Current deployment runs war file on multiple machines each running a tomcat .
My understanding is, transactions work currently as the underlying RDBMS  (MariaDB in my case) has native transaction support.

Will transactions still work with Kundera's implementation with my current deployment model (multiple instances of the war file, distributed across VMs).
Can I still rely mechanisms like catching and re-trying with OptimisticLockException ?

-Alexei

Devender Yadav

May 29, 2015, 3:46:07 AM5/29/15
to kundera...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alexei,

Kundera provides atomicity per transaction. More information on Transaction Management in Kundera can be found here: https://github.com/impetus-opensource/Kundera/wiki/Transaction-Management

As of now, we don't support OptimisticLocking.  Kundera supports caching at first level (by default). And second level caching needs to be plugged in (e.g. ehcache). Refer this test case for more details on ehcaching: https://github.com/impetus-opensource/Kundera/blob/c6101f21cd8f079fb4cc44e85de49261bf5fef7e/src/jpa-engine/fallback-impl/src/test/java/com/impetus/kundera/cache/ehcache/EhCacheProviderTest.java

-Devender