problems building example/polyglot

mark.j...@capbpm.com

Nov 18, 2015, 1:59:45 PM11/18/15
to kundera-discuss
Hello

I have downloaded Kundera and am trying to build example/ployglot as described at:

  https://github.com/impetus-opensource/Kundera/wiki/Building-Applications-with-Kundera-and-Spring

When I run:

mvn clean install

from:

example/polyglot

I get the following error:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal on project jboss-data-keeper: Could not resolve dependencies for project com.impetus.kundera.examples:jboss-data-keeper:war:1.0-SNAPSHOT: Failed to collect dependencies at com.impetus.kundera.core:kundera-core:jar:2.16-SNAPSHOT: Failed to read artifact descriptor for com.impetus.kundera.core:kundera-core:jar:2.16-SNAPSHOT: Could not transfer artifact com.impetus.kundera.core:kundera-core:pom:2.16-SNAPSHOT from/to riptano (http://mvn.riptano.com/content/repositories/public): Failed to transfer file: http://mvn.riptano.com/content/repositories/public/com/impetus/kundera/core/kundera-core/2.16-SNAPSHOT/kundera-core-2.16-SNAPSHOT.pom. Return code is: 503 , ReasonPhrase:Service Temporarily Unavailable. -> [Help 1]

Does anyone know when the service will be available again?

Since I'm really interested in a version of example/polyglot for Tomcat, I removed:

<jboss>

from

examples/container/pom.xml

But when I do

mvn clean install

I get the same error.

karthik prasad

Nov 19, 2015, 5:13:03 AM11/19/15
to kundera-discuss
Hey,

It seems datakeeper application was using old snapshot in the pom. We have updated it and should work now. Please try downloading the latest trunk code.

Regards,
Karthik.

mark.j...@capbpm.com

Nov 19, 2015, 10:40:50 AM11/19/15
to kundera-discuss
I downloaded the zip file from the link provided.

When I run

'mvn clean install'

from

Kundera-trunk/examples

I get the following error:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal on project jboss-data-keeper: Could not resolve dependencies for project com.impetus.kundera.examples:jboss-data-keeper:war:1.0-SNAPSHOT: Failed to collect dependencies at com.impetus.kundera.core:kundera-core:jar:3.3-SNAPSHOT: Failed to read artifact descriptor for com.impetus.kundera.core:kundera-core:jar:3.3-SNAPSHOT: Could not transfer artifact com.impetus.kundera.core:kundera-core:pom:3.3-SNAPSHOT from/to riptano (http://mvn.riptano.com/content/repositories/public): Failed to transfer file: http://mvn.riptano.com/content/repositories/public/com/impetus/kundera/core/kundera-core/3.3-SNAPSHOT/kundera-core-3.3-SNAPSHOT.pom. Return code is: 503 , ReasonPhrase:Service Temporarily Unavailable. -> [Help 1]

Thinking maybe I need to compile from the topmost level, I switched to

Kundera-trunk

and ran

mvn clean install -f src/pom.xml and got:

testSerializeKeys(com.impetus.kundera.metadata.MetadataUtilsTest)  Time elapsed: 0.029 sec  <<< FAILURE!

testGetPool(com.impetus.kundera.service.policy.RoundRobinBalancingPolicyTest)  Time elapsed: 0.097 sec  <<< FAILURE!

Thinking I needed to clone the git repository I did:

 git clone https://github.com/impetus-opensource/Kundera.git

and got the same errors as above.

What shall I try next?

Mark

mark.j...@capbpm.com

Nov 19, 2015, 2:15:02 PM11/19/15
to kundera-discuss
Hello

Despite the errors I've emailed, I was able to put together a proof of concept using Kundera to access a Cassandra database.

Over the next few days, I want to do the same for Mongo, Elasticsearch and MySQL.  I'm going to model all of those off the Cassandra example and I hope the only thing that changes is the entity definition.

karthik prasad

Nov 23, 2015, 5:27:57 AM11/23/15
to kundera-discuss
Hi,

You need to change the persistence.xml as well.

Regards,
Karthik.

Devender Yadav

Nov 23, 2015, 11:40:10 PM11/23/15
to kundera-discuss
Regarding your error while building project in example/polyglot

Please try  mvn clean install -DskipTests to build Kundera code.