[NOTICE] Improving release notes by linking associated documentation

Stephen Augustus

Jul 15, 2019, 5:34:31 PM7/15/19
to Kubernetes developer/contributor discussion, kubernetes-sig-leads, kubernetes-sig-release, kubernetes-sig-contribex, kubernete...@googlegroups.com

Hey kubies!

By now, you may have heard of the awesome new release notes website: https://relnotes.k8s.io/

To help people who read through our release notes, we thought it'd be nice to be able to tie a release note to a set of documentation.

Once #79361 merges (ETA: soon; it's in the merge pool), the pull request template for kubernetes/kubernetes will be updated to include a section for docs, so you can now link out to important docs, like an associated KEP or usage instructions.

Here's an example:

SIG Leads --
Please encourage your SIG contributors to start filling this section out as well, as it will make everyone's lives easier when looking back on the enhancements we're landing in k/k.

Shoutout to Sascha Grunert for working on this!

-- Stephen

Message has been deleted
This conversation is locked