Kryo causing a verify error at runtime

jayson.minard

Aug 18, 2010, 12:53:28 PM8/18/10
to kryo-users
I have an app that uses Kryo, and it runs fine normally. But if I
enable profiling (which causes byte code verification at runtime?) I
now get errors that block program execution, any ideas? Kryo version
is 0.99, and will look at update to 1.02 in the meantime...

java.lang.VerifyError: (class: com/our/code/common/domain/record/
serialized/PhysicalRecordAccess, method: <init> signature: ()V) Call
to wrong initialization method
at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredConstructors(Class.java:2389)
at com.esotericsoftware.kryo.serialize.FieldSerializer
$AccessLoader.createAccess(FieldSerializer.java:486)
at
com.esotericsoftware.kryo.serialize.FieldSerializer.rebuildCachedFields(FieldSerializer.java:
109)
at
com.esotericsoftware.kryo.serialize.FieldSerializer.<init>(FieldSerializer.java:
52)
at
com.our.code.common.domain.record.serialized.PhysicalRecord.<clinit>(PhysicalRecord.java:
439)
at <more of our code>

Nate

Aug 19, 2010, 3:56:52 PM8/19/10
to kryo-...@googlegroups.com
Hard to say, that version of Kryo is pretty old and the code where the failure occurs is completely different now. Can you try v1.02 or SVN? There is an issue with 1.02 accessing inaccessible fields that was just fixed in SVN. As soon as it is verified as fixed, I will make a 1.03 release. Here is info on that issue:
http://groups.google.com/group/kryo-users/browse_thread/thread/67e436f648298206

-Nate