Filtering?

Mysti Berry

Feb 12, 2016, 6:38:03 PM2/12/16
to kramdown-users
Has anyone set up filtering, such that they check in content with a "hide me" attribute, then strip out the "hide me" when it's time to publish?

We author in markdown, publish HTML externally, and it would be such a relief to write up content internally, flag it, and release when ready.

Thanks!

Mysti

Thomas Leitner

Feb 16, 2016, 1:42:58 PM2/16/16
to kramdow...@googlegroups.com
Filtering like you want it is not possible in kramdown itself because
this functionality is normally part of a template processor.

Best regards,
Thomas

Tom Johnson

Apr 8, 2016, 1:00:27 PM4/8/16
to kramdown-users
If you're using Jekyll, you could put the hide me info inside environment variable tags. Use a development environment to publish them, and a production environment that hides them.