Kram

Pito Salas

Mar 16, 2015, 12:34:31 PM3/16/15
to kramdow...@googlegroups.com

Previously, I had this text being processed by Kramdown without any problems:

* **[GIT]**  Setup a git repo for your team

Recently I started getting this error:

kramdown warning: No link definition for link ID 'git' found on line 4

I can't see in the Kramdown revision history that this is now an invalid input and before I got and modify hundreds of files I wonder whether anyone can shed light on this, and in also how I can modify the line most easily. What I want is a that the text "[GIT]" appear in bold on a bulleted line.

Pito Salas

Mar 16, 2015, 12:35:40 PM3/16/15
to kramdow...@googlegroups.com
Sorry about the typo in the subject line...

Thomas Leitner

Mar 16, 2015, 1:03:08 PM3/16/15
On 2015-03-16 09:34 -0700 Pito Salas wrote:
> Previously, I had this text being processed by Kramdown without any
> problems:
>
> * **[GIT]** Setup a git repo for your team
>
> Recently I started getting this error:
>
> kramdown warning: No link definition for link ID 'git' found on line 4

As the above states, it is only a warning that something *might* be
wrong. In this case kramdown sees a reference style link which has no
associated link definition and therefore files a warning so that the
author knows that a link definition might be missing. The reference
style link itself is treated as normal text and not as link in this
case.

The warnings have been in kramdown for a long time, however, the tool
you are using might not have displayed them. When using the kramdown
binary, you can easily see what I explained:

~~~
$ kramdown
* **[GIT]** Setup a git repo for your team
^D
<ul>
</ul>
Warning: No link definition for link ID 'git' found on line 1
~~~

-- Thomas

Pito Salas

Mar 16, 2015, 1:05:21 PM3/16/15
to kramdow...@googlegroups.com, Thomas Leitner
Thanks Thomas

I am using it via a tool called nanoc. Anyway, is there a way to suppress such warnings when invoking kramdown?

— Pito