Saving the fruit blossoms

1 view

Carol Barta

Apr 14, 2018, 12:50:04 PM4/14/18
to kpc...@googlegroups.com
Has anyone tried building small fires among fruit trees to try to save the fruit blossoms? We’re thinking of trying it tonight.

Carol

Sent from my iPhone

Stephanie Lambert

Apr 14, 2018, 7:34:05 PM4/14/18
to snows...@hotmail.com, kpc...@googlegroups.com
 I'm very curious to hear how this works out if you do it. I'm not aware of anybody in this area who's done that.

~
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/kpc-dev?hl=en?hl=en
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "KPI Discussion List" group.

Carol Barta

Apr 17, 2018, 5:08:58 PM4/17/18
to Stephanie Lambert, kpc...@googlegroups.com

The blossoms survived!  We made 2 small bonfires in the orchard, and one night used a kerosene heater.  Thankfully Monday morning was not as cold as predicted.  I think I will invest in some actual "Smudge pots" which burn kerosene for the future.  Now we just need the bees to come out and pollinate these beautiful blossoms.

Carol Barta, Manhattan, KS
Resistance, Resilience, and Renewal

Awesome, Carol!!!  I'm gonna have to remember that trick!  ~Joy

On Sat, Apr 14, 2018, 11:50 AM Carol Barta <snows...@hotmail.com> wrote:
Has anyone tried building small fires among fruit trees to try to save the fruit blossoms?  We’re thinking of trying it tonight.

Carol

Sent from my iPhone

~
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/kpc-dev?hl=en?hl=en
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "KPI Discussion List" group.

~
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/kpc-dev?hl=en?hl=en
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "KPI Discussion List" group.

Joy Ellsworth
President, Co-Founder

https://www.clementwaters.org

Clement Waters
1012 E Lakeview Ave
Olathe, KS  66061

(913) 522-3529 in Kansas
(816) 944-1491 in Missouri
(417) 469-1400 in the Ozarks

501(c)3 EIN: 47-3143607

Ryan Saxton

Apr 17, 2018, 6:25:43 PM4/17/18
to kpc...@googlegroups.com
A string of old Christmas lights in your trees can do wonders as well.  The old ones that actually produce a little heat. And looks fun as well!