60 Acres of Land for Sale - an Extraordinary Permaculture Opportunity

Steve Moring

Nov 15, 2016, 11:26:43 AM11/15/16
to Growing Growers Discussion List, KPC-Dev Google Groups)

Dear Friends of Sustainable Agriculture,

Two adjoining parcels of land totaling 60 acres has come up for sale adjacent the Vajra Farm Permaculture Center near Oskaloosa, Kansas.  This land has a modest 5 bedroom home, 4 ponds and 30 acres of virgin prairie and woodland.  Just next to it is Vajra Farm, a 45 acre permaculture farm and training center, which focuses on prairie and woodland restoration, preservation of medicinal plants, viticulture, and organic food production.

This property has the potential to expand broad-acre permaculture and on-site permaculture training for interns and want-to-be sustainable farmers.  It is a highland landscape with great views and rolling meadows.  It has not yet been listed and a potential investor who takes advantage of a transaction though the owner will save $.

Please contact Steve at 785-691-7305 for more information.

Dave

Nov 15, 2016, 1:29:50 PM11/15/16
to kpc...@googlegroups.com

I agree with you about the fantastic opportunity.
Will gladly show up and help for any formation, next steps…
Something like this is very needed.
If not this, where?
If not now, when?

Btw, am heading to a funeral tomorrow afternoon. Won’t be back for 2 or more days.
I hope an exploratory meeting doesn’t get postponed until after Thanksgiving.
RE opportunities can blink away.

At a minimum, at least two options:
-Mmaybe tell the seller to hold off from listing the property before a broker complicates, delays the possibilities, or adds commission costs to the opportunity.
-Maybe invite a friendly-to-KPC broker to take it as a pocket listing and exclude KPC or KPC peeps from commission expenses? There’s a broker in the KC area (not usually farms, but KS licensed nonetheless) that is very friendly to green/eco causes.

Not to put too fine a point on it:
From meeting some of the wonderful people in this and similar groups, we’ve discussed for couple years that there are options for multiple people and/or multiple properties to aggregate (for everyone’s greater good, economic benefits, win-wins, co-op…). May be more important than ever to not delay.
Something that’s next best thing to priceless, it won’t be easy to achieve, but yin-yang could be “easier” than we imagine. It could be just what circumstances/evolving politics/individual and group economics/dreams/divine/doctor ordered.
=)

Will look forward to following up.
I hope an exploratory/extraordinary meeting is scheduled soon.

Dave

~
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/kpc-dev?hl=en?hl=en

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "KPC-Dev" group.

image001.jpg

Susan Jones

Nov 16, 2016, 10:57:50 AM11/16/16
to kpc...@googlegroups.com
Steve what about Nathan??
Susan

Sent from my iPhone

<hajmkojmefoeionh.jpg>

Nathan

Nov 16, 2016, 11:23:05 AM11/16/16
to kpc...@googlegroups.com
Hi Susan,

It's out of my budget and the timing isn't right for me. I have been watching land prices weekly for three years now, and it just keeps going up and up.

On Wed, Nov 16, 2016 at 9:57 AM, Susan Jones <sgrjo...@hotmail.com> wrote:
Steve what about Nathan??
Susan

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 15, 2016, at 9:26 AM, Steve Moring <mori...@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

All the best,
Nathan.

Confidentiality Notice:

This email is covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. 2510-2521, and is legally privileged.

This transmission may contain confidential or privileged information, which is intended only for use by the individual or entity to which the transmission is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, dissemination, copying or distribution of this transmission is strictly prohibited. If you received this transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete this message and all attachments from your system entirely.

John Lee