Scythe Mentor

Skip to the first unread message

arensbpa

30 Sept 2017, 10:56:2830/09/2017
to KPC-Dev
Hello everyone!

I recently purchased a scythe in the hope to begin to cut my lawn (and others) without a mower to create a local source of nutrient dense hay. It's been fun but after a few hours of very difficult wacking I realized that my scythe sure doesn't cut like other people's I've seen on video! I believe peeining is what I need... I would love to learn how to do this myself and am wondering if anyone has a scythe and would be willing to help me peen and teach me the techniques to the scythe. Willing to swap work or cooking for some help!

Very Best,
Drew

Phil Holman-Hebert

30 Sept 2017, 13:25:3530/09/2017
to aren...@gmail.com, KPC-Dev
Drew.

I own a copy of The Scythe Book by David Tressemer. Have you had access to that? It gives quite detailed instructions about peening. You are welcome to borrow my copy if that would help.

All the best in your adventure,

Phil Holman-Hebert
Sweetlove Farm
Oskaloosa, Kansas
~
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/kpc-dev?hl=en?hl=en
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "KPC-Dev" group.