2016 Seedling Planting Order

Bill

Oct 31, 2015, 12:47:15 PM10/31/15
to kpc...@googlegroups.com
To All

We had pretty good success with ordering seedlings last year from the MO Dept of Conservation. How did everyone's seedlings fare this year that ordered? Bambi and her clan did a job on mine.
I am considering trying to manage this again for the group. If you are interested in being part of this please send me an email stating you interest.

Be forewarned! Seedlings are ordered in groups of 25 each variety. That means if you only want to order 5 Hazelnuts someone else (plural) will need to pick up the remaining 20 or the order will not be placed. I am ordering some seedlings this year but not near like I did last year. I will keep a running list and advise everyone participating where we stand on fulfilling each group.

We will be starting early with this this year. You can place your order now and the payment, to me, will not be until Jan or Feb of 2016, if I remember correctly. This years order will need to be placed by Thanksgiving weekend. We will make distribution arrangements when the seedlings arrive in the spring.

The 2016 selection is here

Do you know the impact a tree can have?

“A mature tree can often have an appraised value of between $1,000 and $10,000.” - Council of Tree and Landscape Appraisers

“One acre of forest absorbs six tons of carbon dioxide and puts out four tons of oxygen. This is enough to meet the annual needs of 18 people.” - U.S. Department of Agriculture

“In laboratory research, visual exposure to settings with trees has produced significant recovery from stress within five minutes, as indicated by changes in blood pressure and muscle tension.” -
Dr. Roger S. Ulrich Texas A&M University

Bill

Greenman Farm
A Permaculture Site in Leavenworth County
A Sustainable Living Experience
Let's Build An
Earth Sheltered Dwelling Together

A very great vision is needed and the man who has it must follow it as the eagle seeks the deepest blue of the sky. Crazy Horse

Steve Potratz

Nov 1, 2015, 4:39:55 PM11/1/15
to kpc...@googlegroups.com

I am interested.   Bambi got all my raspberries too, but other than that they did well.

FYI, I just came back from PDC course and am now a PDC grad, loved it.

Steve

~
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/kpc-dev?hl=en?hl=en

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "KPC-Dev" group.

Carol Barta

Nov 2, 2015, 12:48:48 PM11/2/15
to kpc...@googlegroups.com
I would order again.  My hazelnuts have not done much, but it was a very weird summer.

Carol Barta, Manhattan, KS

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading." - Lao Tzu

Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2015 16:47:14 +0000
From: green...@comcast.net

To: kpc...@googlegroups.com
Subject: [KPC-Dev] 2016 Seedling Planting Order

Bill

Nov 19, 2015, 12:29:24 PM11/19/15
to kpc...@googlegroups.com
It has been a couple weeks since I posted this the first time. I have had just a couple folks reply that they are interested. In order to be able to pick from the entire selection listed we need to get our order in early. So I am once again requesting that if you are interested in getting in on this order to please send me back a message so that you can be added to the list. Begin reviewing what seedlings you are interested in and send your list to me. I will begin populating an order list to see where we are with total counts for our selections.

To All

We had pretty good success with ordering seedlings last year from the MO Dept of Conservation. How did everyone's seedlings fare this year that ordered? Bambi and her clan did a job on mine.
I will manage this again for the group for those that are interested. If you are interested in being part of this please send me an email stating you interest.

Be forewarned! Seedlings are ordered in groups of 25 each variety. That means if you only want to order 5 Hazelnuts someone else (plural) will need to pick up the remaining 20 or the order will not be placed. I am ordering some seedlings this year but not near like I did last year. I will keep a running list and advise everyone participating where we stand on fulfilling each type seedling.

We are starting early this year. You can place your order now and the payment, to me, will not be until Jan or Feb of 2016, if I remember correctly. This years order will need to be placed by (Thanksgiving weekend) let's say December 1st. We will make distribution arrangements when the seedlings arrive in the spring.

Steve Potratz

Nov 25, 2015, 4:22:08 PM11/25/15
to kpc...@googlegroups.com

Numbers are approximate and just my wish list, if there is not enough interest that’s OK.  let me know if you need me to take more or less to get things worked out.

Pitch Loblolly pine  5X

Peruque Pecan 5X

Persimmon 2X

Red Mulberry  5X

Black Haw Viburnum  5X

Elderberry 2X

Nannyberry 5X

Paw Paw 5X

Serviceberry 5X

Steve

Nov 25, 2015, 4:32:20 PM11/25/15
to kpc...@googlegroups.com
Steve
I have added these to the list. Perhaps more folks will submit their list this weekend. It is not too late.
Bill

Dec 1, 2015, 10:04:01 PM12/1/15
to kpc...@googlegroups.com
This is the last call for the KPI group seedling order through MODC. I need to have the orders by this Friday, December 4.
As near as I can tell everything on the list is still available.

Did you see the message from Wendy, dated Nov 25, on the growth of her seedlings from last year? WOW!

To complete an order, we as a group, need to order select seedlings in a group of 10 each or groups of 25 each or multiples of 25.
Qty of 10, seedlings are priced $0.80 each.
Qty of 25, seedlings are priced $0.40 each. That's a pretty good deal.
Qty of 100, seedlings are priced $0.32 each. An even better deal.

What is currently on the KPI order list you might ask? Two orders are in and at least two more are in work.
American Beautyberry
Blackhaw
Elderberry
False Indigo
Nannyberry
Ninebark
Norway Spruce
Pawpaw
Pecan, Peruque
Persimmon
Pitch x Loblolly Pine
Red Mulberry
Serviceberry
Spicebush
Washington Hawthron
White Fringetree

Take a look at the list (see below for link) and send me your order list by this Friday. I will add everything up.
In order to be able to pick from the entire selection listed we need to get our order in early.
Review what seedlings you are interested in and send your list to me.
I am populating an order list to see where we are with total counts for our selections.
Those folks on the order list will get a message from me Friday afternoon as what orders we are good for and what selections we are still short on.

We had pretty good success with ordering seedlings last year from the MO Dept of Conservation. How did everyone's seedlings fare this year that ordered? Bambi and her clan did a job on mine.

You can place your order now and the payment, to me, will not be until Jan or Feb of 2016, if I remember correctly.
We will make distribution arrangements when the seedlings arrive in the spring. Perhaps at the spring KPI meeting.

Wendy Maupin

Mar 26, 2016, 3:32:28 PM3/26/16
to kpc...@googlegroups.com
Hi Bill.

I've been looking for the list of what I ordered for a  permaculture landscape designer that's doing my property. Do you have that list and the amount of money I still OWe you? Give me your address and I'll send you a check right away. Sorry you haven't gotten that yet.

Thanks Bill.
Wendy