Library in search of speaker on Humanure

Gwen Wolfe

Jan 19, 2016, 8:59:01 PM1/19/16
to kpc...@googlegroups.com
Hello!
Some of you know that I work at the public library.
They often participate in the local Nerd Night events and one is coming up soon
in which a speaker had to cancel. They are looking for someone to talk about
Humanure for about 15 minutes.

If you--or someone you know--are interested, send me an email at: ggeige...@lawrence.lib.ks.us

Hope you are cozy this cold winter's night,
Gwen

Steve Potratz

Jan 20, 2016, 11:10:13 AM1/20/16
to kpc...@googlegroups.com

No but I would be interested in hearing it.   Looked into that topic myself a bit and it seems the Humanure Handbook is pretty much the definitive source on that subject.    I have a copy and the summary is “make compost with it, and make sure it’s hot enough to kill all the pathogens.”

Of course the big elephant in that topic is government regulation.   Certainly Johnson County would never approve of such a thing no matter how well it was done.    Here its Sewer or Septic or don’t go.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Humanure-Handbook-Composting-Edition/dp/0964425831

~
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/kpc-dev?hl=en?hl=en

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "KPC-Dev" group.

Sharyn

Jan 20, 2016, 3:48:39 PM1/20/16
to kpc...@googlegroups.com
Our county said we had to put in septic or a pond ( we are in the country) but we could disconnect and do anything we want after the traditional sewer system was inspected and the building permit closed.  Food for thought...

I know someone with a humanure toilet in their house.  I like the way it works so much that I am looking into taking the chemical toilet out of my camping trailer and putting one in.  It would be nice to hear from someone about it.

Which library has nerd night?
Sharyn

Sent from my iPad

Dave Lawrence

Jan 21, 2016, 9:55:21 PM1/21/16
to SAN-KPC list-serve
Look up Stan Slaughter...
Dave Lawrence - WebMinion at Large

"The road to health is paved with good ingestion." http://www.facebook.com/Dave.Lawrence.Earthman

Phone: 913-620-8427

Gwen Wolfe

Jan 21, 2016, 10:13:23 PM1/21/16
to kpc...@googlegroups.com
Thanks so much for all of the help locating some expertise on Humanure. We've had a great turn out!
The Nerd Night event will be February 10th @ 8pm @ the Cider Gallery. The context is the Read Across Lawrence book, The Martian.
The Humanure concept emerges when the main character grows potatoes on Mars using his own waste. :)

One other request you might be able to refer me to, does anyone have a background in the psychology of survivalism?
I appreciate the support of this community and the wonderful collective knowledge of its members. Thank you permies!!
Gwen

Shagboots

Jan 22, 2016, 1:56:03 AM1/22/16
to kpc...@googlegroups.com