Updating Perspectives.

1 view

Nathan

Aug 10, 2016, 10:15:39 AM8/10/16
to kpc...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone,

Its been quiet around the list serve lately, and I recently came across some news articles that some of you may enjoy checking out. Just wanted to pass them along to update the info bank, so to speak.

I hope everyone is well.

Earth’s resources used up at quickest rate ever in 2016

http://www.france24.com/en/20160807-earth-overshoot-day-resources-depleted-quickest-rate-ever-2016

What Happens to the U.S. Midwest When the Water's Gone?

http://www.nationalgeographic.com/magazine/2016/08/vanishing-midwest-ogallala-aquifer-drought/

Overly Simple Energy-Economy Models Give Misleading Answers

https://ourfiniteworld.com/2016/07/25/overly-simple-energy-economy-models-give-misleading-answers/

--
All the best,
Nathan.

Confidentiality Notice:

This email is covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. 2510-2521, and is legally privileged.

This transmission may contain confidential or privileged information, which is intended only for use by the individual or entity to which the transmission is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, dissemination, copying or distribution of this transmission is strictly prohibited. If you received this transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete this message and all attachments from your system entirely.

John Lee

Aug 15, 2016, 1:46:59 AM8/15/16
to kpc...@googlegroups.com
I loved the water article.  After living in Colorado, most other states I frequent should be easy designs, but it doesn't matter how much water falls on an area if it's systemically misappropriated.  People are the biggest challenge to permaculture, in my opinion.  The ego of man vs. the laws of nature...  some people never get tired of doing the easy, wrong thing.  By easy, I mean easier than engaging true change from within.
Good Stuff,
-John Lee, Wakarusa Valley Permaculture

~
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/kpc-dev?hl=en?hl=en

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "KPC-Dev" group.