Initiative to Regenerate Our Soil | KCMO

1 view

Drew Arensberg

Apr 19, 2018, 11:10:08 PM4/19/18
to KPC-Dev
Hey my fellow permies, check out this awesome new soil initiative homegrown in KC making waves in the Kickstarter community.

An Ode to Farmers

To the lay person, a vacant lot or an undeveloped plot of land is a lonely eyesore, a "misuse" of space. But to those of us who know Mother Earth, we see these spaces as a calling - a calling to rejuvenate our homes and neighborhoods. A calling to spend our precious time, knowledge, and resources in order to renew the life in her soils.
To plant seeds is a humbling act of love. It is an act of faith, a belief that Mother Nature will always supply us with what we need. But what will happen when she can't? When our soils are so depleted that we have to use toxins and synthetic nutrients to produce the food we depend on. This is a call to action. A challenge to grow food in a way that heals our land.
Our mission is to relentlessly learn from the incredible native ecosystems of the Midwest, like the prairie, to naturally mimic their soil microbiology to rejuvenate degraded soils to their once glorious state, improve farming, and truly revitalize health in our communities.
See how you can join our cause

Our Solution

What if it was as easy to heal your soil as it was to pick up a 6 pack of boulevard wheat? We've teamed up with local KC organizations to create East Aster Garden Infusions, aerated liquid composts custom made to rejuvenate your specific soil. Apply it. Heal your soil. Grow better food.

Learn more about Garden Infusions

Oxford Soil Biology

We learned techniques to build the healthiest soils using Mother Nature's microbiology from world renowned soil biologist Dr. Elaine Ingham. We are using this knowledge as the starting point for healing our Kansas City soil.

Watch Dr. Ingham's Conference

Upcoming Event

Join Drew & Kara on April 28th to take deeper look at the life in the soil and discuss how understanding your soil biology will help you grow like a pro. Register to save your spot and win cool raffle prizes!

Register for the upcoming event

Join our mission - let's heal the Earth, improve the nutritional value of the food we produce, and eliminate all synthetic chemicals in agriculture.
See how you can join our cause
With peace, love, and science in Kansas City, MO

Joy Ellsworth

Apr 20, 2018, 12:40:03 AM4/20/18
to aren...@gmail.com, KPC-Dev
Love it!!!  What an awesome social enterprise!!!  ~Joy

~
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/kpc-dev?hl=en?hl=en
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "KPI Discussion List" group.

Joy Ellsworth
President, Co-Founder

https://www.clementwaters.org

Clement Waters
1012 E Lakeview Ave
Olathe, KS  66061

(913) 522-3529 in Kansas
(816) 944-1491 in Missouri
(417) 469-1400 in the Ozarks

501(c)3 EIN: 47-3143607

David Bilbrey

Apr 20, 2018, 12:26:25 PM4/20/18
to Joy Ellsworth, aren...@gmail.com, KPC-Dev
I love it too! Thanks for the link to Elaine Ingham’s video. The East Aster project looks like a great idea!

Thanks for sharing!

~
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/kpc-dev?hl=en?hl=en
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "KPI Discussion List" group.

Drew Arensberg

Apr 20, 2018, 2:24:59 PM4/20/18
to Joy Ellsworth, aren...@gmail.com, KPC-Dev