Fwd: KRC Specialty Crop Coordinator Position Available

1 view

Steve Moring

Mar 27, 2017, 10:39:10 AM3/27/17
to KPC-Dev Google Groups)

Fyi

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: KRC Specialty Crop Coordinator Position Available
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2017 07:05:15 -0400 (EDT)
From: Kansas Rural Center <ks...@rainbowtel.net>
To: mori...@gmail.com

March 26, 2017
Kansas Rural Center

SPECIALTY CROP PROJECT COORDINATOR  POSITION AVAILABLE

The Kansas Rural Center (KRC) has a part-time or contractual position open for a Specialty Crop Project Coordinator for our current "Enhancing Specialty Crop Production and Profitability through Conservation Practices."

 Our Current Specialty Crop Project Coordinator, Tom Buller, has accepted a position with Douglas County Extension as their new Horticultural agent, so we are looking for his replacement.  We wish Tom the best and know that we will continue to work with him in his new capacity!

KRC's position will research best management and conservation practices that improve soil health, system productivity, and reduce purchased inputs, and provide that information to Kansas specialty crop producers to improve production and profitability through workshops, presentations, and developing an informational handbook for specialty crop growers.

See full Position Announcement HERE.
Or go to our website at:

   We are looking for a self-starter with good people skills and ability to set priorities and carry through on their own.  A practical knowledge of specialty crop production is a must; knowledge of high tunnel or polytunnel production would also be good.   Oral and written communication skills, and computer experience and knowledge of Excel and Word are necessary. A college degree is a plus but not necessary, and background in agronomy, horticulture, agricultural economics, or other agricultural science related field is helpful. A demonstrated interest in and commitment to sustainable agriculture and a sustainable food system is a must.

Terms of Employment
 The KRC maintains a virtual office with all staff and contractors working from home-based offices. The Program Manager will be under supervision of the KRC Executive Director.

This is a part-time position through December 2017 although this may be negotiable.  We  are seeking  funding beyond the year's end. Whether a regular staff position or on a contractual basis can be negotiated.

Travel and work related expenses are covered by KRC.

This would be ideal for a specialty crop farmer looking for part-time off-farm work, or college student or part-time instructor in horticulture or ag related field. Position will be field with the first best qualified applicant.

Application Deadline: April , 2017
 Start Date: By April 17, 2017

For more information contact Mary Fund at mf...@kansasruralcenter.org, or 866-579-5469

To Apply:
Send letter of application, resume, writing sample and at least three references to:
Mary Fund, Executive Director,
4021 SW 10th Ave. #337
 Topeka, Ks. 66604,
or e-mail to Mary Fund at  mf...@kansasruralcenter.org .

STAY CONNECTED:
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
View on Instagram
Kansas Rural Center, 4021 SW 10th Street, #337, Topeka, KS 66604
Sent by ks...@rainbowtel.net in collaboration with
Constant
                                                          Contact