Fwd: Fwd: updated version of Chickenization manuscript

Steve Moring

Sep 30, 2017, 11:13:11 AM9/30/17
to KPI-...@googlegroups.com, KPC-Dev Google Groups), North Village

Hello Friends,

I want to inform you of this important event!

Steve Moring

Oct 2, 2017, 12:11:49 AM10/2/17
to a...@northvillage.email, KPI-...@googlegroups.com, KPC-Dev Google Groups)
Thanks Steve and Paul for providing this info. I am a bit confused as to the correct time and date of Dr Stull's presentation. Paul says Oct 3 and "see you Thursday", but Oct 3 is a Tuesday. Is it on the 3rd or the 5th? A Tuesday or Thursday?

Please consider taking the time, everyone, to read the attached document. It is very clearly written, and is a concise and articulate summary of one of the most pressing concerns in our lives as it directly defines what, and how we get what, we eat. And how we may get it in future. Deeply troubling.

Phil Holman-Hebert
Sweetlove Farm
Oskaloosa
<Chickenizing Chicken Farmers, Stull.docx>

Michael Almon

Oct 2, 2017, 1:16:57 AM10/2/17
to kpc...@googlegroups.com
LARGE POULTRY PLANTS: LOCAL COMMUNITIES: POULTRY GROWERS - A TALK BY DON STULL
Tuesday, 3 October 2017, 7:30pm - FREE
Flory Meeting Hall, Douglas County Fairgrounds, 2110 Harper St., Lawrence KS 66046

For thirty years, Don Stull, Professor Emeritus at KU, has studied the evolution of the meat and poultry industry and its impact on American farmers, processing workers, and host communities.  This was the subject of his 2013 book "Slaughterhouse Blues".  In this evening's presentation, Dr. Stull will share his findings.  The challenges associated with factory farms are complex, and the social, environmental, and economic consequences for local communities are extensive - and in many ways unfavorable.  Learn what thirty years of research reveals about the impacts such a plant would have on Douglas County.  For more information, contact
Pennie von Achen <squa...@aol.com> or Thad Holcombe at <tjhol...@gmail.com>.

From the weekly Sustainability Action Newsletter.  Subscribe for free at -