LML is hiring!!

Laura Odell

Oct 13, 2017, 10:30:42 AM10/13/17
to kpc...@googlegroups.com, Michael Almon, East Lawrence Neighborhood Association, in...@sunriseprojectks.org, lawrencefrui...@gmail.com
Hello Friends!

Low Maintenance Landscape in Lawrence is hiring again, and I would greatly appreciate your help in passing the word!

http://www.lowmaintenancelandscape.net/

Low Maintenance Landscape, Inc is a high quality landscape design/build/maintain company that offers service to the Lawrence and surrounding areas. We specialize in unique and sustainable landscapes using natural materials and locally grown plants.

Low Maintenance Landscape is looking to add experienced landscape laborers to add to our team this fall/next spring. The ideal candidate is a hard working, honest, trustworthy, dependable, on-time person who takes pride in their work. It is also crucial to be a team player who shows respect to other laborers, supervisors and gains respect in return by setting a good example. Qualities that are not tolerated at our company include excessive cussing, yelling, cheating, losing your temper or cutting corners. We are looking for a landscaping skill set that includes the following: planting, bed preparation, mulching, digging, bed maintenance, operation of small engine equipment such as trimmers, leaf blowers, mowers, rototillers, ect. You will also help with flagstone patios, retaining walls, natural stone work, paver and brick patios, drainage systems, irrigation systems and lighting systems. Also, YOU MUST BE INTERESTED IN PLANTS! This is a great learning experience with opportunity to grow and advance within the company!

If you want to be considered for a future supervisor promotion, we require a valid Kansas drivers license and safe driving record. At a minimum to be a skilled laborer and have a good steady job, you must have reliable transportation to and from work, show up on time, and be reliable.

This is a fun, interesting, challenging and physically demanding job; you must be in shape and healthy. We work outside in a variety of weather conditions ranging from around 20 to 100 for 10 months of full time work from March til December, rain or shine. We offer a competitive hourly pay with the ability to be promoted to salary with time and experience; we prefer to promote from within our company. We are proud to offer the benefits of working for a small, established, family-owned landscape company.

If you are interested in making a career at Low Maintenance Landscape, check out our website to see if this is the type of work you want to help create. Give us an email message to discuss the job opportunity. If it sounds like a good opportunity for both you and us, please download and fill out our application at lowmaintenancelandscape.net. (our phone number can be reached on the website) Bring it to our office at 801 Comet Ln., ste. B., Lawrence, KS between 9:00-5:00 Monday through Friday. (leave it in our drop box if we are out of the office) If you have a 1-page resume and pictures of your work, please bring these also. You may email this information (email available on website). Thank you for your interest.