Re: Lawrence Food Not Lawns - seeking workshop host

Michael Almon

Jul 13, 2016, 10:31:32 PM7/13/16
to list-serv - Sustainability Action, list-serv - Kaw Council, list-serv - Lawrence Fruit Tree Project, list-serv - SAN-KPC
Hey everyone!
Lawrence Food Not Lawns is a Program of Sustainability Action. We are
starting to make plans for a Food Not Lawns workshop this Fall, which
will be a lawn eradication and instant garden workshop. We're looking
for people who would be interested in potentially hosting.

Ideal candidates would have a burning desire to convert at least a
portion of their yard (preferably front yard) into a food-producing
permaculture garden, and be willing to provide materials/accommodate a
one day hands-on workshop. Crop mob volunteers will be recruited to
learn about lawn eradication by helping out. Please contact me via
email if you are interested! -Patrick Hangauer
<1000000l...@gmail.com>.

Sasha Banksova

Jul 15, 2016, 1:25:52 AM7/15/16
to kpc...@googlegroups.com
I'm interested.  I own a home in Brookside, South Kansas City.
~
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/kpc-dev?hl=en?hl=en

--- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "KPC-Dev" group.

Michael Almon

Jul 15, 2016, 9:40:03 PM7/15/16
to kpc...@googlegroups.com
Hi:
Thanks for your inquiry, but we focus our permaculture educational efforts in Lawrence.  These workshops are intended to be highly visible locally, and high local participation, to get more people interested in lawn conversions.  So the local folks are our target audience.

Maybe you can come to Lawrence when we do our first lawn eradication, learn how to go about it, and take the concept and methods back to your community.  I hope that's of interest, and I'm sorry we can't be of more help.

good luck,
Michael