any information on old cisterns?

1 view

Rae Anna Mayfield

Jun 17, 2016, 10:39:25 PM6/17/16
to KPC-Dev
Hello, everyone ~ we just bought a 100+ year old home in Old West Lawrence.  The house has a large cistern system with a beehive shape in the basement and then several underground "rooms" where it seems the water may be sent for filtering.  Does anyone know of someone in our are who can bring this cistern back to life and help us install pumps so we can use the water for the garden?

Any information is appreciated.

Please feel free to text any recommendations to: 816-835-7755

Thanks -

Rae

John Lee

Jun 18, 2016, 9:17:11 AM6/18/16
to kpc...@googlegroups.com
Keep me in the loop with any progress on this matter, as I'm hoping to install anew and retrofit some septic systems to humanure and/or biogas.  That is assuming of course that you're talking poo?

-John Lee, Intelligent Rebellion & Wakarusa Valley Permaculture

Sent from my iPhone
~
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/kpc-dev?hl=en?hl=en

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "KPC-Dev" group.

johnleeforhire

Jun 18, 2016, 9:17:11 AM6/18/16
to KPC-Dev
I just responded through my email and that does not appear to have posted, nor does the post I made earlier regarding a permablitz at my place. Anyone know what gives?

If this shows up, my response was that I wish to remain in the loop regarding this matter, as (assuming you're talking humanure) I plan to install and retrofit from septic systems many cisterns out of many different materials. Any experience to be gained at this point is much appreciated.