xls import

allan gladwel

Jul 27, 2015, 3:14:22 AM7/27/15
to Kobo Users
I have downloaded an XML from an XLS.when  I try toimport the xml to kobocollect forms I get the following error..
(Error: Non-metadata questions must have at least one label.

XForm imports are not fully supported. Please check the correctness of the resulting survey.

Exporting groups to XLSForms is currently an experimental feature.

Exporting skip logic in XLSForms is not currently supported.)

kindly assist

Hondurasint_es.xlsx

Tino Kreutzer

Jul 27, 2015, 12:38:26 PM7/27/15
to kobo-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Allan,
For importing and exporting forms we only recommend using the XLSForm format -- not XML. XML is the format that is ultimately used on your devices, which allows advanced users to manually copy the XML file to KoBoCollect, for example. Importing XML into the formbuilder is experimental -- only XLSForm can be expected to properly import all content again.

That said, I was able to import your XLSForm file without any issues. Is there any reason you need to import the XML instead of the XLS file?

Best,
Tino

allan gladwell

Jul 27, 2015, 12:52:36 PM7/27/15
to kobo-...@googlegroups.com
thanks alot Tino..but by importing the xls file the aspect of select one e.g where the one collecting data i supposed to select yes or no it appears a option 1 and option 2 instead of yes and no.
pleae try filling out the form from the xl and you'll see that.

Tino Kreutzer

Aug 10, 2015, 1:26:31 PM8/10/15
to kobo-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Allan,

I just checked your form. The reason you're not seeing the labels properly in the formbuilder is because it requires one of the languages to be called "default", i.e. 'label::default' - that what will be displayed in the formbuilder. See this post for more details. We'll be supporting having each language use its own unique name soon, but until then just use 'label::default' for the first language and label::language' for all subsequent translations.

Tino