Collaborating on form editing

Dr. Cynthia Annett

Sep 14, 2015, 11:53:17 AM9/14/15
to Kobo Users
Hi - I'm new to KoBo and am used to the Google Drive environment - I can't find anything about whether you can have multiple editors on a form in KoBo Toolbox. is there a way to share editing permissions?

Dr. Cynthia Annett

Sep 14, 2015, 1:25:59 PM9/14/15
to Kobo Users

Vinck, Patrick

Sep 14, 2015, 2:11:38 PM9/14/15
to kobo-...@googlegroups.com

Great – good luck!

Dr. Cynthia Annett

Sep 24, 2015, 2:41:17 PM9/24/15
to Kobo Users

but now we are having problems because my collaborator says that he cannot edit the form - he can enter data on the form and submit it, but we would like to both be able to add questions. I'm attaching a screenshot of how we have it set up. is there another step? thanks!

Vinck, Patrick

Sep 24, 2015, 2:48:33 PM9/24/15
to kobo-...@googlegroups.com

HI Annett,

Has the form been deployed as a project? I assume it is the case since your colleague can enter data. Once a form has been deployed as a project, it can no longer be modified. This is to avoid inconsistencies and database structure issues. Instead, the form must be edited / modified under the “form” section and then be redeployed as a new, separate project.

I hope this answers your question,

Best,

Sep 24, 2015, 2:54:40 PM9/24/15
to kobo-...@googlegroups.com, Jeff Neel, Heidi Mehl
aha! yes, it has been deployed

so if it is being edited and not deployed, he can access it to add questions?

thank you!!

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Kobo Users" group.

Dr. Cynthia Annett

Sep 24, 2015, 3:00:02 PM9/24/15
to kobo-...@googlegroups.com, Jeff Neel, Heidi Mehl
ok, I downloaded it and uploaded it into another form that has not been deployed…and now I can’t share it. is there anyway to share a form to edit it, or do we have to add questions to the library and then pull our colleagues questions out of the library? is there a simpler workflow for collaborating on form development (and please don’t say we need to create a google spreadsheet to develop the form in XLSForm format :P

thanks!