xls upload error: "There should be choices for this question."

Keith B. Ives

Mar 28, 2016, 7:22:02 AM3/28/16
to Kobo Users
When uploading an xls form, I get the error: "There should be choices for this question."
Has anyone seen this before, I assume it means I have a question in there somewhere without a corresponding choice option. However, I'm struggling to find it... Normally there is a line number or other reference.

Cheers!
Keith

Tino Kreutzer

Mar 28, 2016, 4:01:39 PM3/28/16
to kobo-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Keith,
Could you attach the XLS file here so we can have a look?

Thanks,
Tino

Keith B. Ives

Mar 28, 2016, 11:24:23 PM3/28/16
to kobo-...@googlegroups.com
Hey Tino, thanks for the support. I figured out what the error was: I included the or_other answer choice on a question that was set to only display selected responses from a previous select_multiple. I'll play with it more later, but the challenge seemed to be using or_other in conjunction with cascading options.

Keith B. Ives

Ke...@CausalDesign.com | USA: +1 (720) 260-4837Skype: Keith.Ives