Some cool code for you guys - I present asyncComputed

Andrew Stakhov

Oct 30, 2012, 4:26:07 PM10/30/12
to knock...@googlegroups.com
I finally completed my asyncComputed extension to KO. This takes the concept described in this article to the new level: http://www.knockmeout.net/2011/06/lazy-loading-observable-in-knockoutjs.html
What my code allows you to do is specify a computed function, which *may* load it's data from a long running operation (aka, async), or it may evaluate immediately. The code also allows a hybrid operation where the function supplies a temporary value which is then replaced with server value once execution is complete. Here's the code, please provide criticism, improvement suggestions:

lei...@gmail.com

Oct 30, 2012, 6:41:06 PM10/30/12
to knock...@googlegroups.com

Andrew Stakhov

Oct 30, 2012, 7:57:32 PM10/30/12
to knock...@googlegroups.com, lei...@gmail.com
Story of my life, think I made an invention and then realize you reinvented the wheel lol. Although looking at that project I think mine has a nicer usage syntax.