KnockoutApp: a framework for building KnockoutJS apps

Matteo Pagliazzi

Dec 14, 2012, 1:52:21 PM12/14/12
to knock...@googlegroups.com
I've just released the first version (0.1) of KnockoutApp, it's a small framework heavily inspired by BackboneJs for KnockoutJs.

I love this framework but i've always missed a structured way to build apps with it and KnockoutApp is trying to solve that.

As now it comes with a Model class, a Collection class and a Sync method.

The documentation is cominc in the next days, as now there's the classic todo example and the annotated source code.

The code is hosted on GitHub https://github.com/paglias/KnockoutApp and you can find the source files inside /src

What do you think?

(this is the first version, and my first serious JS project so it's probably full of bugs: if you find one, please report it)

Matteo Pagliazzi

Dec 16, 2012, 4:14:21 PM12/16/12
to knock...@googlegroups.com
Documentation is here! https://github.com/paglias/KnockoutApp/blob/master/documentation.md

It's a simple Markdown file for now, when I'll have more time I'll probably create a website.

Matteo Pagliazzi

Dec 20, 2012, 11:47:03 AM12/20/12
to knock...@googlegroups.com
I've updated to v0.1.1 which fixes various bugs, make some change and use Grunt 0.4 for building.

I've also tested it with Ruby On Rails and it works very well syncing to a server.

For version 0.2 I plan to add tests, a better documentation, and some features to the Sync and the Collection.

You can download it here https://github.com/paglias/KnockoutApp

Matteo Pagliazzi

Jan 4, 2013, 5:51:01 PM1/4/13
to knock...@googlegroups.com
I've just published version 0.2.0!

It comes with a tons of chamges, a npm package and a new website with docs and more http://paglias.net/KnockoutApp/

Some of the changes:
  • added collection.where and collection.find
  • added collection.reset
  • added model.idAttribute

This is a great improvement over the previous version and I encourage everyone to try it and tell you're impression about it.

You can find everything on the repo https://github.com/paglias/KnockoutApp

james.m...@gmail.com

Jan 31, 2013, 3:15:46 PM1/31/13
to knock...@googlegroups.com
Looking good!  Thanks for creating this library!