Bind drop down control to SharePoint 2013 list and open new URL based upon selection from drop down list

Snehal Rana

Jun 26, 2015, 11:45:18 AM6/26/15
to knock...@googlegroups.com
I am using Knockout JS to create a SharePoint 2013 Visual Webpart. I have a drop down list control and a button control. I need to bind this drop down control to a SharePoint 2013 list. I would like the button label to show the text value from the drop down selection. When user selects the value from the drop down control, a corresponding URL opens up which corresponds to that entry.

 I have attached 2 screenshot of my drop down control and its values as well as button control with corresponding changing labels.

Anyone has any pointers or suggestions

Hope I could explain this better
dropdownlistandbutton.png
dropdownselection.png