Upgrading from KO 2.3 to 3.4 Observable Array not filling

Dominik Fogt

Dec 4, 2017, 3:21:27 PM12/4/17
to KnockoutJS
Hello there,

I am upgrading a legacy application that has been using knockout 2.3, and when I changed the libraries out from 2.3 to 3.4, I found that the observable arrays are significantly different than the prior versions. I tried to populate it using documentation and different references across other forums and this forum, but I cannot get it to work. I have attached two screenshots of the builds. The first is before it tries to push the object onto the array, and the second shows the array's fields after the event should have occurred.

                                                               Figure two ( Above, after code executes)

I have not received any errors from the loading until I bind it to the page, when it cannot find anything in the array. Do you have any thoughts?

Gunnar Liljas

Dec 4, 2017, 4:12:36 PM12/4/17
to knock...@googlegroups.com
That doesn't really show anything except the prototype. What does self.userCreatedProjects() return?

Dominik Fogt

Dec 5, 2017, 7:14:05 AM12/5/17
to KnockoutJS
Well, apparently it was a server refresh issue. Once the server dumped the cache overnight, the new knockout library loaded correctly. Thank you anyways for your feedback!