History question: Who else had Knockout-style dependency tracking?

Jens Theisen

Nov 5, 2016, 2:14:24 PM11/5/16
to KnockoutJS
Hi folks,

I just implemented Knockout-style dependency tracking in .NET as described here in the Knockout documentation.

Now I'm wondering if there were other libs before Knockout that did dependency tracking that way.

In fact, I'm also curious if there are any other libraries (in whatever language) that do it in general.

Any satisfaction to my curiosity would be greatly appreciated.

Regards, Jens

Ian Yates

Nov 20, 2016, 4:27:57 AM11/20/16
to KnockoutJS
Hi,

I had come across a library years ago, back when I was exploring using RX and ReactiveUI (in its 1.x timeframe), which implemented dependency tracking using a KO-style.  At the time I was only tangentially aware of KO so didn't relate the concept to KO until quite a bit later.

The library was on CodePlex.  Not sure of its name anymore though.  It might come back to me - if it does I'll come back to post :)