Debugging and tutorial (paid) help needed

Old developer new tricks

Jun 9, 2017, 5:44:45 AM6/9/17
to KnockoutJS
Hi I'm just taking over a project which uses ko, I'm not really familiar with ko, but have stepped through some of the tutorials. Its a lot to keep in my head in one go. I have a couple of bits of functionality which appear to be broken, using a jquery data picker and ko to update a web service. I'm not sure the original code is quite best practice but am reluctant to re factor without a knowledgeable discussion. I have remote desktop software and skype as required. Anyone interested?

Andrew Vickers

Jun 9, 2017, 12:47:56 PM6/9/17
to KnockoutJS
Well, before worrying about paying people, maybe you could post the relevant snippets of code?

Did you mean a jQuery-UI date picker?  If so, while I could dig through some old projects and extra code, one advantage the KO library has over many options is its incredibly stability.  That means that answers from 5+ years ago are many times still relevant today, unlike certain frameworks.  In general, you can probably find an answer, i.e. a custom binding, for most anything on StackOverflow.  In particular, look for answers by Ryan Niemeyer, as they are prolific and can usually be taken as gospel.