Notes for tables in html format (kable)

Fernando Hoces De La Guardia

Aug 14, 2016, 4:58:39 PM8/14/16
to knitr
Hello,
I am using kable to output my tables in to an html document. I would like to add notes to the table but read in SO that knitr doesn't have this feature.
Any ideas?
Thanks on advance.
Fernando

Jeff Newmiller

Aug 14, 2016, 5:07:50 PM8/14/16
to Fernando Hoces De La Guardia, knitr

Your question is not clear. Specifically, your term "notes" is not clear, and you should cite (link?) who said it was not possible.

For example,  you can easily add a column to your data frame that has per-row comments. This being so obvious, the reader wonders what else you might have been thinking of.

Fernando Hoces De La Guardia

Aug 15, 2016, 1:02:32 PM8/15/16
to knitr
Here is the link.
What I am trying to produce are notes at the bottom of the table (last row if you will, but merged across columns). The table in the link is a good example.

Jathine Wong

Sep 8, 2016, 11:09:55 AM9/8/16
to knitr
You can add foot note to the bottom of the table using tfoot="foot note here", it is one of the htmlTable option.
Please see

for detail.

Jathine