Almost there!

graham...@gmail.com

May 9, 2015, 10:14:22 AM5/9/15
to kmotion...@googlegroups.com
I have tried so many things I have probably messed this up completely. However, kmotion loads but I get motion errors. "Error capturing first image"

[0] Processing thread 0 - config file /home/graham/Downloads/kmotion/core/motion_conf/motion.conf
[0] Processing config file /home/graham/Downloads/kmotion/core/motion_conf/thread01.conf
[0] Motion 3.2.11 Started
[0] ffmpeg LIBAVCODEC_BUILD 3412993 LIBAVFORMAT_BUILD 3415808
[0] Thread 1 is from /home/graham/Downloads/kmotion/core/motion_conf/thread01.conf
[1] Thread 1 started
[1] cap.driver: "uvcvideo"
[1] cap.card: "UVC Camera (046d:0825)"
[1] cap.bus_info: "usb-0000:00:13.2-2"
[1] cap.capabilities=0x04000001
[1] - VIDEO_CAPTURE
[1] - STREAMING
[1] Supported palettes:
[1] 0: YUYV (YUV 4:2:2 (YUYV))
[1] 1: MJPG (MJPEG)
[0] motion-httpd/3.2.11 running, accepting connections
[0] motion-httpd: waiting for data on port TCP 8080
[1] index_format 2 Test palette MJPG (320x240)
[1] Using palette MJPG (320x240) bytesperlines 0 sizeimage 102400 colorspace 00000008
[1] VIDIOC_G_JPEGCOMP not supported but it should be (does your webcam driver support this ioctl?)
[1] found control 0x00980900, "Brightness", range 0,255
[1] "Brightness", default 128, current 128
[1] found control 0x00980901, "Contrast", range 0,255
[1] "Contrast", default 32, current 32
[1] found control 0x00980902, "Saturation", range 0,255
[1] "Saturation", default 32, current 32
[1] found control 0x00980913, "Gain", range 0,255
[1] "Gain", default 64, current 64
[1] mmap information:
[1] frames=4
[1] 0 length=102400
[1] 1 length=102400
[1] 2 length=102400
[1] 3 length=102400
[1] Using V4L2
[1] Resizing pre_capture buffer to 1 items
Corrupt JPEG data: 1 extraneous bytes before marker 0xd3
[1] mjpegtoyuv420p: Corrupt image ... continue
Corrupt JPEG data: 1 extraneous bytes before marker 0xd2
[1] mjpegtoyuv420p: Corrupt image ... continue
Corrupt JPEG data: 1 extraneous bytes before marker 0xd1
[1] mjpegtoyuv420p: Corrupt image ... continue
Corrupt JPEG data: 1 extraneous bytes before marker 0xd6
[1] mjpegtoyuv420p: Corrupt image ... continue
Corrupt JPEG data: 1 extraneous bytes before marker 0xd7
[1] mjpegtoyuv420p: Corrupt image ... continue
[1] Error capturing first image
[1] Resizing pre_capture buffer to 2 items
Corrupt JPEG data: 2 extraneous bytes before marker 0xd7
[1] mjpegtoyuv420p: Corrupt image ... continue
Corrupt JPEG data: 1 extraneous bytes before marke

Any advise much appreciated

graham...@gmail.com

May 12, 2015, 1:33:43 PM5/12/15
to kmotion...@googlegroups.com, Graham Sawyer
Still no video ..cam anybody help here?

dave selby

May 12, 2015, 3:02:08 PM5/12/15
to kmotion...@googlegroups.com
Hi Graham

I wrote kmotion a long time ago and am pretty rusty but will try and help, 1st thing is what distro and version are you running ?

Cheers

Dave

I've got to get back to work. When I stop rowing, the slave ship just goes in circles.

Graham

May 12, 2015, 3:18:49 PM5/12/15
to kmotion...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dave

Wow, didn't expect to but very pleased to hear from you! Thank you.

I am using Ubuntu 10.04

Regards
Graham
it, send an email to kmotion-support
+unsub...@googlegroups.com.

I've got to get back to work. When I stop rowing, the slave ship just
goes in circles.

dave selby

May 12, 2015, 3:56:35 PM5/12/15
to kmotion...@googlegroups.com

Well as I easy I am pretty rusty lol

OK 10.04 that's good, latest versions of Debian/ Ubuntu have changed some system permissions that block kmotion

Next can you view your webcam through your web browser ? Also does your webcam support mjpeg ?

Cheers

Dave's

Graham

May 12, 2015, 4:20:47 PM5/12/15
to kmotion...@googlegroups.com
Hi

By, can I view cam through the web browser, I get to the kmotion
interface if thats what you mean? But no picture. I'll have a quick
google for the mjpeg support

dave selby

May 12, 2015, 4:23:48 PM5/12/15
to kmotion...@googlegroups.com

OK what camera are you using IP / USB ?

dave selby

May 12, 2015, 4:26:07 PM5/12/15
to kmotion...@googlegroups.com

Actually just looked at logs, it looks like USB but kmotion reports a corrupted image ... Have you checked your image size ?

Graham

May 12, 2015, 4:27:54 PM5/12/15
to kmotion...@googlegroups.com
Its a usb web cam Logitech 720hd this is the best data I found so far
about the cam and not sure if it does support
mjpeg. ..http://www.logitech.com/en-gb/product/hd-webcam-c270

Graham

May 12, 2015, 4:29:41 PM5/12/15
to kmotion...@googlegroups.com
No I haven't checked the image size, I wouldn't know how to.
from it, send an email to kmotion-support

dave selby

May 12, 2015, 4:30:16 PM5/12/15
to kmotion...@googlegroups.com

Ok going to check something ...

Graham

May 12, 2015, 4:37:14 PM5/12/15
to kmotion...@googlegroups.com
Just thought I'd mention that when I run the little video4linux tool, it
says that /dev/video0 is using the uvcvideo driver. Is that correct or
should it be using video4linux driver?

dave selby

May 12, 2015, 4:47:15 PM5/12/15
to kmotion...@googlegroups.com
OK I think uvcvideo should be OK, did some digging, although this is not your camera its a logitec HD with the same problem

http://www.lavrsen.dk/foswiki/bin/view/Motion/SupportQuestion2011x01x09x193606

IE the logitec camera firmware is injecting some junk into the mjpeg frames and motion is dropping them, you might even get an occasional snapshot but most will be lost. Looks like a patch was submitted to motion so might be worth chatting to those guys.

http://www.lavrsen.dk/foswiki/bin/view/Motion/WebHome

kmotion uses motion for all the "heavy lifting", if it works in motion, it works in kmotion

Also I would try something, in kmotion set the image size from the default to 1280 x 720, by trying to force a lower resolution out of the camera it could well be causing the "junk"

Good luck

Dave

dave selby

May 12, 2015, 4:49:32 PM5/12/15
to kmotion...@googlegroups.com
Oh also look at

luvcview -L

as per the 1st link ... boy am I out of the game these days :)

Dave

Graham

May 12, 2015, 4:50:06 PM5/12/15
to kmotion...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Dave I'll have at these links and see how I get on.

Graham

dave selby

May 12, 2015, 4:59:03 PM5/12/15
to kmotion...@googlegroups.com

One other thought, might be able to flash update your camera ... Just another possibility ...

Graham

May 12, 2015, 4:59:23 PM5/12/15
to kmotion...@googlegroups.com
Ok I followed that first link and at the bottom of the page where he
gives the answer in the grey section I have no idea what I am supposed
to do there.
I've got to get back to work. When I stop rowing, the slave ship
just goes in circles.

--

I've got to get back to work. When I stop rowing, the slave ship just
goes in circles.

Graham

May 12, 2015, 5:01:17 PM5/12/15
to kmotion...@googlegroups.com
Not sure I know how to do that either
I've got to get back to work. When I stop rowing, the
slave ship
just goes in circles.

--

I've got to get back to work. When I stop rowing, the slave ship
just
goes in circles.

kmotion-suppo...@googlegroups.com.

dave selby

May 12, 2015, 5:46:02 PM5/12/15
to kmotion...@googlegroups.com
Had a look for any flash updates for your camera, could not find any so that is probably a dead end.

Best bet talk to motion mailing list

On 12 May 2015 at 22:41, dave selby <dave...@gmail.com> wrote:
Yep, the answer is a patch that modifies the motion program, to use it you would have to apply it and re-compile motion, an easier way would be to talk to the mailing list for the motion group, explain what is happening, you may find a later version of motion will solve your problem, you can contact them at ...

I've got to get back to work. When I stop rowing, the slave ship just goes in circles.

dave selby

May 12, 2015, 5:41:40 PM5/12/15