GE loads KML's Linestrings but Google Maps cannot??

Derek23

Sep 28, 2010, 10:30:59 PM9/28/10
to KML Developer Support - KML Server Side Scripting
Hi!

I developed a Java applicaiton that generates a KML file based on
retrieved latitiude and longitude data from an external server. It
then plots the points on the map and connects these points with
different coloured lines (using LineString).

When I open this using Google Earth application, it works perfectly.
It displays perfectly like: (Note that the * are the points. Lines are
also in between but not shown in the example)
* * *
* **
**
*
*
*

And etc. However this map data must be able to be displayed on mobile
phones, hence I cannot use GE. So I tried using Google Maps. Google
Maps displays just fine on mobile phones however it cannot load KML
files - or so I thought.

After doing a bit of research I found out I can import my KML file
into "My Maps" and open it from there. And yes, it does open and it
shows me the points in their correct places. However the coloured
lines in between the points (via LineStrings) do not show.

Instead I see something like this:
__________________x
_______________x
__________________x
_______________________x
______________________x
_____________________x
____________________x

The points (represented by the x) display in their order, but the
lines in between are not displayed properly. Instead they shoot of to
the indian ocean at 0,0. Also all the colours of the lines are the
same even though they should be in different colours as they are
properly shown in the Google Earth Application.

So any ideas guys??

thanks!

Rossko

Sep 29, 2010, 10:28:03 AM9/29/10
to KML Developer Support - KML Server Side Scripting
> So any ideas guys??

None at all. No idea what your KML looks like.

barryhunter (KML Guru)

Jan 6, 2011, 6:37:04 AM1/6/11
to kml-support-serv...@googlegroups.com
As mentioned actully seeing the KML would be helpful.

But have you also tried opening

on a mobile device - the mobile version Google Maps website can load KML files...