Rich Text Guide

seer

Jun 24, 2005, 6:32:34 PM6/24/05
to KML Discussions
There is considerable freedom over the appearance of text and images when making placemarks in Google Earth. Settings allow the control of text font, size, color, and style; paragraph alignment and line breaking; structured items including ordered and unordered lists, headings, quotes, and definitions; image inclusion from both local and remote sources, and several other "rich text" attributes.

The attached Google Earth KMZ placemark is a guide to these various options.

P.S. Remember that too much of a good thing can make your words look like a ransom note.
32442-RichTextGuide.kmz

mcshea98

Jun 24, 2005, 6:49:44 PM6/24/05
to KML Discussions
Thanks seer,

I have been trying figure out what all was possible. This helps me out alot.

ink_polaroid

Jun 24, 2005, 9:29:37 PM6/24/05
to KML Discussions
One may also construct simple HTML tables.
32461-html_tables.kmz

number1fan

Jun 25, 2005, 1:04:58 AM6/25/05
to KML Discussions
And thank you also for the info!

mBjR

Jul 1, 2005, 2:28:50 PM7/1/05
to KML Discussions
What image formats are supported?

zdenina

Oct 13, 2005, 10:57:45 PM10/13/05
to KML Discussions
Is it just me or am I that stupid - is there a crash course somewhere to learn how to do this right

oneiros

Oct 14, 2005, 4:30:05 AM10/14/05
to KML Discussions
Did you take a look at the seer's .kml file attached to the first post? What exactly are you trying to do; may be we could answer specific questions?

BTW: interesting buddy icon.

kyleshock2000

Oct 30, 2005, 1:29:46 PM10/30/05
to KML Discussions
thanks seer

cybarber

Oct 31, 2005, 3:06:48 PM10/31/05
to KML Discussions
I corrected your Table kml.
You used "padding"but that is not a correct property and has no effect.

cellpadding and cellspacing are supported:

Question: Anyway to give the border a color? (bordercolor property is not supported.

On HTML elements supported I notive that also the <code/> element works.

Cybarber
177517-tableKMLcybarber.kml

neotrix

Nov 5, 2005, 6:26:51 PM11/5/05
to KML Discussions
is it in some way posible to use css?
or is there any posibilty to edit the links (color, underline, not underline ...)?

TJ1

Nov 6, 2005, 1:06:30 AM11/6/05
to KML Discussions
Many inline CSS styles are supported.

Code:
<h2 style="color:red;font-weight:bold;">Heading</h2>

neotrix

Nov 6, 2005, 3:57:23 PM11/6/05
to KML Discussions
thanks for the reply.
what is with a seperate external css-file for the style?

davidsaiz10

May 22, 2006, 5:06:42 PM5/22/06
to KML Discussions
marvellous