What's the best way to create a rainbow path and give weights to verticies

Jeffrey C. Jacobs

Mar 3, 2015, 5:11:01 PM3/3/15
to kml-support-g...@googlegroups.com
I'm trying to create a path where each link is a different color and where some vertices are visibly bigger.  Specifically, I want to encode metadata along the path with a color from green to red using the 511 colors from 00FF00 to FF0000 through FFFF00.  I also want to encode a weight logarithmically such that a vertex with less than 10 will be invisible, 10 to 100 more visible and 100,000 is pretty big but not huge; I think that's the maximum size the vertices would be.

What's the best KML description to accomplish this type of segmented path of varying color?

Yes, I want to use it in Google Maps, but right now honestly, let me get the grammar down straight and then I'll post in the google maps forum.

Jeffrey.

barryhunter (KML Guru)

Mar 9, 2015, 1:55:29 PM3/9/15
to kml-support-g...@googlegroups.com
I think the only way would be to create each 'segment' of the line as a seperate <Placemark>.

A <LineStyle> will apply to the whole placemark, cant style just parts of it.

can use a <styleUrl> to create a common style and then reference it in multiple actual <Placemark>s