Screen overlay (legend) disappears when added to KMZ and lnked via network link

Jay Mak

Feb 24, 2015, 3:47:54 PM2/24/15
to kml-support-g...@googlegroups.com
Hi all!

First time poster here and I'm hoping I can get some help.

I host a KMZ file on a server and create a network so people can link to it using a very small KML file.  However, I just added a screen overlay that is a legend for a particular layer and added it to the kmz.  I uploaded the kmz file to the server overwriting the previous version.  So I don't have to email another network link kml file to people, my hope was to replace the kmz on the server with the updated file and view the refresh via the network link kml.  However, the legend screen overlay does not appear.

Trouble shooting:

I open up the new kmz that is on the server and the layer "is" there.
I looked at the network link kml and the layer was not there.
I even tried to delete the kmz on the server and view it from the network link and the layers till rendered!  I was not expecting that.

Anyways, I'm hoping some folks can help me out!

thanks

JayMak

duncangjacks

Feb 25, 2015, 8:31:29 PM2/25/15
to kml-support-g...@googlegroups.com
HI JayMak

"I even tried to delete the kmz on the server and view it from the network link and the layers till rendered!  I was not expecting that."

For this issue have you tried Tools>Options>Delete cache file and then restart GE? The GE equivalent of a doses of salts.

Duncan