Error opening KMZ file

Jerry Shinefeld

Feb 18, 2014, 3:47:07 PM2/18/14
to kml-support-g...@googlegroups.com
I created a KMZ file in ESRI ArcMap from a shapefile.It is 22M and when I try to open it I get the following error.

Open of file "c:\...\LULC_CAT.KMZ" failed: Parse error at line 1 column 0" Out of Memory.

The conversion took over an hour to finish. I also tried it in another conversion program got the same results.
Can anyone recommend a shapefile to KMZ that might work. By the way when I bring this shape file into Google Earth Pro it does not occupy the correct position on the earth, although it does in ArcMap.