KiwiIRC Connect Issue

Michael Hazell

Nov 12, 2017, 12:02:10 AM11/12/17
to kiwiirc

Hello all,

So I've discovered this issue the other day when testing stuff like KiwiNext. On kiwiirc.com, I have my network settings set to where the preferred port is +6697, and the plain text port is evidently set to 0, because leaving it blank and saving results in 0 showing up.

a "So, when users connect to https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.techtronix.net/, they'll get an "Error Connecting (ERROR)" message (without actually saying what the error message is, so they don't know to reconnect on port 6697 like the message says) instead of Kiwi preferring to connect securely.

As far as I know, the production version of Kiwi is bugfix only so I wouldn't expect it to suddenly look out for the STS cap either so that it would reconnect regardless. I'm also assuming that Kiwi will connect insecurely on 6667 by default unless told otherwise, but I think it would be excellent if it would look at the port information from the network settings and use that by default instead.

prawnsalad

Dec 13, 2017, 6:32:33 AM12/13/17
to kiwiirc
Hi,

This is a known issue at the moment and is currently being worked on as part of a backend overhaul. I'd expect this to be rolling out in the next week or 2.

Darren