not working in IRCNet

cent...@gmail.com

Jul 20, 2017, 1:43:23 AM7/20/17
to kiwiirc
I made my own account and tuned some settings. Trying to connect to IRCNet (open.ircnet.net probably)

Error Connecting (Closing Link: kiwi63121[unk...@d.clients.kiwiirc.com] (K-lined: BSP - Enable identd for access))

Another issue: i embed kiwi to a iframe on my page using the copied syntax from your website. All i get is empty iframe. When i view the source it is there. But nothinhg appreas. What could be causing this? My server or your server?

On the other hand I got it working when installed to my own server.

Darren

Jul 20, 2017, 4:25:01 AM7/20/17
to cent...@gmail.com, kiwiirc
HI,

Unfortunately IRCNet frequently bans kiwiirc.com and has no intention on supporting it properly. Your own kiwi server is actually the best way to go connecting there if it's just for yourself.

Darren

cent...@gmail.com

Jul 20, 2017, 1:59:32 PM7/20/17
to kiwiirc, cent...@gmail.com
On Thursday, 20 July 2017 11:25:01 UTC+3, prawnsalad wrote:
> HI,
>

> Unfortunately IRCNet frequently bans kiwiirc.com and has no intention on supporting it properly. Your own kiwi server is actually the best way to go connecting there if it's just for yourself.
>

> Darren
>

> On Thu, Jul 20, 2017 at 6:43 AM, <cent...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I made my own account and tuned some settings. Trying to connect to IRCNet (open.ircnet.net probably)
>

> Error Connecting (Closing Link: kiwi63121[unk...@d.clients.kiwiirc.com] (K-lined: BSP - Enable identd for access))
>

> Another issue: i embed kiwi to a iframe on my page using the copied syntax from your website. All i get is empty iframe. When i view the source it is there. But nothinhg appreas. What could be causing this? My server or your server?
>

> On the other hand I got it working when installed to my own server.
>

> --

> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/kiwiirc/9c6c4cb6-0188-4f5f-9bb6-4be9b2101b12%40googlegroups.com.

Thanks for the participation. Kiwi is working great when installed on my local server and behind apache reverse proxy. I don't have a public ip yet, but maybe in the future.

What if you enabled identd on the kiwiirc server? Could that be a fix?

Darren

Jul 20, 2017, 7:10:46 PM7/20/17
to cent...@gmail.com, kiwiirc
All kiwi servers have identd enabled so I'm not sure why they give that error. They have explicitly mentioned in the past that they don't want to work with kiwiirc.com, so unless something has changed since I can't do anything unfortunately.

Darren