KiwiIRC install to Ubuntu

Valis

Jan 8, 2018, 10:22:40 PM1/8/18
to kiwiirc
I've been playing with this a bit on a droplet, as I noticed your embeddable client gets glined a lot on Quakenet and is sometimes also un-connectable to efnet servers.

When I install to Ubuntu, what's an ideal place to be installing to?  /home/%user%/ ?

Also I saw that KiwiIRC starts its own http server, but I got nothing via external access to the server until I installed nginx, and obviously that's its own http server and Kiwi now needs to be on a diff port.  Am I overlooking editing parts of my config file that are needed to get it to see the outside world and respond to web queries?

Thanks!

valdetgllareva...@gmail.com

Jan 12, 2018, 6:30:03 AM1/12/18
to kiwiirc

prawnsalad

Jan 12, 2018, 3:35:05 PM1/12/18
to kiwiirc
Quaknet has some limitations with kiwiirc unfortunately, and it looks like the efnet server they use for kiwiirc no longer exists. I'll look into getting one of there other servers working again.

You can put kiwiirc wherever it suits you best, but the official installers places the kiwi files in /usr/share/kiwiirc. If you're using nginx then you can reverse proxy to your kiwiirc port, take a look at nginxs proxy_pass config option.

Darren