Embedded Kiwi is not displaying anything

felipe...@gmail.com

Dec 16, 2017, 8:18:59 PM12/16/17
to kiwiirc
Hi,

I have embedded Kiwi at https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/contact/irc/. It worked alright for a day or two. But it's been a week now since the page just displays a blank widget.

I tried generating new embedding code in https://kiwiirc.com/embedding, but I get the same result when I use the code in any other HTML file I create.

For example:

<iframe src="https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.freenode.net/?nick=guest|?#guix" style="border:0; width:100%; height:450px;"></iframe>

Thanks,

prawnsalad

Dec 16, 2017, 10:18:41 PM12/16/17
to kiwiirc
Hey there,

That embedded page works fine on multiple desktops+browsers here. Do you have any errors showing in your browser console when you load the page?

Some security/privacy related plugins are known to block iframe content from loading if you have any running.

Darren

felipe...@gmail.com

Dec 17, 2017, 2:15:57 PM12/17/17
to kiwiirc
Hmm, yes, sorry. I should have tried that. It works on other computers in the same network. It also works in another browser in the computer with the problem.

In the computer where it doesn't work (with Firefox 52.5.0), I get no errors in the console, though. And restarting the browser in safe mode or deleting kiwiirc cookies still does not help.

prawnsalad

Dec 17, 2017, 6:58:34 PM12/17/17
to kiwiirc
Do you see any network connections being made to kiwiirc.com in your browser console? Do they error out or all return successfully?

Another thing you could try is using the pre-release version of kiwi, https://kiwiirc.com/nextclient/irc.yourserver.com/#channel

Darren

felipe...@gmail.com

Dec 18, 2017, 8:32:15 AM12/18/17
to kiwiirc
I see network connections and all succeed:

https://multimedialib.files.wordpress.com/2017/12/embedded-kiwiirc-2017-12-18.png

Darren, I can use the not-embedded version of KiwiIRC just fine in the same browser, though.
Message has been deleted