Getting contents of messages in a js script on my domain (embedded client)

Leon

Dec 14, 2016, 11:13:06 AM12/14/16
to kiwiirc
Hi,

I'm using the embedded chat in the iframe tags, but due do cross-domain security I can't view the content of any new messages in javascript on my domain. I would like to create an onchange function that fires when a new message is added to the chatbox.

Is there any possibility to get the (content of the) messages (name, text, time, channel) in javascript/jquery on my end?
I want to update the information on the webpage based on the messages that are send by others in the irc channel.