Is it possable to supress Nickname and channel on login form

david....@gmail.com

May 22, 2014, 7:03:13 AM5/22/14
to kiw...@googlegroups.com
I'm using the KiWi Web Client and my Kiwi account to customise it.
This client is embedded on my website and I'm passing the website user name to the KiWi URL and using it as the KiWi Nickname. This works well.

Is there anyway to suppress the Nickname, have password and channel fields when opening the webclient and use the parameters in the URL only to go straight into the channel defined?

Darren

May 22, 2014, 7:36:38 AM5/22/14
to david....@gmail.com, kiw...@googlegroups.com
I'm playing with the idea of letting people select which boxes they want on the connection screen at the moment - but that will be something that comes soon.

If I read you correctly, you would like the client to auto connect and join the defined channel without the user clicking 'Start'? This is something I don't allow as it opens the IRC network up to abuse far to easily.

Darren

Taffman

May 22, 2014, 8:16:07 AM5/22/14
to kiw...@googlegroups.com, david....@gmail.com
OK so I could live with the user having to click on the "Connect" button, but would neally like to hide the Nickame and channel fields so the user cant edit them. Can this be done?
The form cant be accessed unless the user is logged into my website so hopefully IRC abuse would be minimal.

gyula.d...@gmail.com

Nov 8, 2016, 2:46:06 PM11/8/16
to kiwiirc
Dear Taffman,
Could you please help me how to pass the website username to the KiWi URL? I use PHP.