Getting blocked from joining a server by multiple connections

sink...@gmail.com

Dec 20, 2016, 2:09:20 PM12/20/16
to kiwiirc
So evidently my connection at work is inconsistent and I will connect and disconnect from my chatroom somewhat regularly. Occasionally, I will get a message in chat that I have been disconnected from IRC rather than just the chatroom. After this, my ability to use IRC at all disappears. On login I receive this message:

Error Connecting (Closing Link: username[m-b.clients.kiwiirc.com] (Too many connections from your IP))

If I refresh the page, this problem occasionally resolves itself. The same is true if I just wait for several minutes; sometimes, but not always, I am able to get back on the server. Even restarting my computer does not seem to have an impact on whether or not the server thinks I have too many connections.

Is there a way for me to manually clear all connections between me and the room? I assume this has something to do with my disconnects creating "ghosts" that the server reads as multiple connections (even though I do not have to ghost my username back in these situations).

Any help would be appreciated; looking up this error code online gave me nothing to work with.

dialgath...@gmail.com

Mar 17, 2017, 1:31:56 PM3/17/17
to kiwiirc, sink...@gmail.com

Having this same exact issue, only so far it hasn't resolved itself at all. I've been trying to get onto SCP Wiki's embedded chat and started having this issue. If I find a way to get on, I will update this post.

dialgath...@gmail.com

Mar 17, 2017, 1:34:56 PM3/17/17
to kiwiirc, sink...@gmail.com, dialgath...@gmail.com
Apparently there's no way to edit posts. Rather unfortunate. Regardless, I'll try clearing various History settings, one by one.

dialgath...@gmail.com

Mar 17, 2017, 1:48:56 PM3/17/17
to kiwiirc, sink...@gmail.com
UPDATE: After trying multiple ways of clearing browser data (cookies, history, etc), nothing has worked. Force-closing Chrome failed, as well as using a different browser entirely. Using a separate device failed as well. I'll wait some period of time before trying to enter again. Have to say, this is pretty inconvenient.