Users connecting from the Server's IP

DarkTexas

Oct 13, 2017, 11:10:59 AM10/13/17
to kiwiirc
Hey there, I hvae the following problem.. I saw it for the first time today..

Some troll is connecting from *@unknown and abusing our Services.. since we can't bna him..

CONNECT: Client connecting on port 6667 (class irc.ger.icq-chat.com): xx!xx@unknown (78.47.42.164) [Bluberblase is using a Web IRC client]

How can this happen? All other Users IPs are just going through perfectly?? What is happening here? Please asssist.

prawnsalad

Oct 13, 2017, 11:35:29 AM10/13/17
to kiwiirc
Hi,

78.47.42.164 looks to be a self-hosted kiwi server, nothing to do with kiwiirc.com. If it is not sending the users IP then it will be incorrectly configured.

Is this your kiwi server? It looks to be behind nginx. Is the reverse proxy correctly setup to pass the users IP along?

Darren

christoph...@gmail.com

Oct 13, 2017, 11:41:19 AM10/13/17
to kiwiirc

Yes, it's self-hosted. The Reverse Proxy "should" be working- I mean it's working for all other Users, just besides this troll..? :/