Having problems running Kiwi behind a reverse proxy.

adam.g...@gmail.com

May 26, 2016, 10:18:39 PM5/26/16
to kiwiirc
This applies to both the cloud-hosted Kiwi client as well as my self-hosted one.
I am running Kiwi behind nginx using the exact configuration recommended by the documentation (https://kiwiirc.com/docs/installing/proxies). However, whenever I load the page provided by nginx (https://irc.nonemu.ninja), I am presented with a white screen. It appears that the entire page source had been transferred, so I assume this is a problem with how my reverse proxy handles the websocket.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what may be the problem? I've tried a few Google searches and couldn't find anything.

adam.g...@gmail.com

May 26, 2016, 10:29:49 PM5/26/16
to kiwiirc, adam.g...@gmail.com
A quick note: I am requiring SSL connections between the client and reverse proxy, but the connection is unencrypted over the local loopback between the proxy and the kiwi server.

adam.g...@gmail.com

May 26, 2016, 10:46:34 PM5/26/16
to kiwiirc, adam.g...@gmail.com
The problem has been found. In the source code for the webpage, it references assets using /kiwi/.*; however, in the nginx configuration, I proxied external requests for / to /kiwi. This caused the other links to not work. I fixed it by simply proxying / to /, and it works now.