Persistent "Allah is doing" spammer using KiwiIRC

elizabeth.je...@gmail.com

Aug 25, 2016, 8:44:59 PM8/25/16
to kiwiirc
Hello,

I'm a network administrator of Interlinked. I've noticed we've had a lot of problems with a spammer who is using KiwiIRC to send out spam in this format (mostly elided to prevent spreading spam around):

> <Guest_84847> allah is doing
> <Guest_84847> sun is not doing allah is doing

A cursory Googling shows that this spammer has plagued other networks as well. This person seems to be using proxies to do this.

Is there anything that can be done KiwiIRC side to stop this? I don't want to resort to "big stick" remedies like spamfilter.

Regards,
Elizabeth