Kivy RecycleView, RecycleGridLayout, Scrollable Label problems

gmoxi...@gmail.com

Jun 10, 2017, 9:40:10 AM6/10/17
to Kivy users support
Hi All,

I posted this question on StackOverflow: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/44463773/kivy-recycleview-recyclegridlayout-scrollable-label-problems and was hoping someone could have a look.

I'm starting to think that RecycleGridLayout may be too unstable to use. Upon more experimentation without a scrollable label, I see that there are some weird layout errors of the grid when the window is resized that I don't see when I just use a standard GridLayout in a ScrollView. But my problem with the GridLayout is that the app is too slow when I have a large data set, like 300x15.

At any rate.. Thanks in advance.

Mox

Jun 16, 2017, 11:29:04 AM6/16/17
to Kivy users support
Just wanted to let people know that there is a flaw in my design logic. As intended, this layout will not work, so I scrapped the design. See my answer on SO for a few more details.