Can't build Touchtracer example project for iOS: PBXCp error

Dave Toth

Oct 4, 2017, 12:11:57 PM10/4/17
to Kivy users support
Hi everybody (and thanks in advance for the help).  I set up Kivy on my Mac and am trying to get the Touchtracer example built for my iPhone.  I'm running macOS Sierra version 10.12.6 and Xcode 9.0 (9A235).  In Xcode, I am getting a build error (and it's the only error, as I fixed the one where it needed a developer ID or the like for code signing):

PBXCp Error

error: /Users/david.toth/kivy-ios/dist/root/python/lib: No such file or directory

CpResource /Users/david.toth/kivy-ios/dist/root/python/lib /Users/david.toth/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/touchtracer-eokjwbkklxzerjbmljikbvhwatma/Build/Products/Debug-iphoneos/touchtracer.app/lib

    cd /Users/david.toth/kivy-ios/touchtracer-ios

    export PATH="/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/usr/bin:/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin"

    builtin-copy -exclude .DS_Store -exclude CVS -exclude .svn -exclude .git -exclude .hg -resolve-src-symlinks /Users/david.toth/kivy-ios/dist/root/python/lib /Users/david.toth/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/touchtracer-eokjwbkklxzerjbmljikbvhwatma/Build/Products/Debug-iphoneos/touchtracer.app

Looking around, I discovered the folder /Users/david.toth/kivy-ios/dist/root

is empty, which explains the error.  So I'm assuming I screwed up something (or else I need to change the folder Xcode is looking in for that library, but in which case, I don't know what to set it to, even though I think I found the right project setting to change).

Using the info from https://kivy.org/docs/guide/packaging-ios.html, this is how I tried to set up the project:

c35735:kivy-ios david.toth$ ./toolchain.py create Touchtracer ~/code/kivy/examples/demo/touchtracer/

Include dir added: {arch.arch}/freetype

Global: hostpython located at /Users/david.toth/kivy-ios/dist/hostpython/bin/python

Global: hostpgen located at /Users/david.toth/kivy-ios/dist/hostpython/bin/pgen

Include dir added: {arch.arch}/libffi

Include dir added: common/sdl2

Include dir added: common/sdl2_image

Include dir added: common/sdl2_mixer

Include dir added: common/sdl2_ttf

The project need to have:

iOS Frameworks: ['AudioToolbox', 'ImageIO', 'OpenGLES', 'CoreMotion', 'MobileCoreServices', 'CoreGraphics', 'QuartzCore']

iOS Libraries: ['libc++']

iOS local Frameworks: []

Libraries: ['/Users/david.toth/kivy-ios/dist/lib/libsdl2_ttf.a', '/Users/david.toth/kivy-ios/dist/lib/libffi.a', '/Users/david.toth/kivy-ios/dist/lib/libsdl2_mixer.a', '/Users/david.toth/kivy-ios/dist/lib/libfreetype.a', '/Users/david.toth/kivy-ios/dist/lib/libsdl2_image.a', '/Users/david.toth/kivy-ios/dist/lib/libsdl2.a']

Sources to link: []

Analysis of /Users/david.toth/kivy-ios/touchtracer-ios/touchtracer.xcodeproj/project.pbxproj

Ensure AudioToolbox is in the project (system)

Ensure ImageIO is in the project (system)

Ensure OpenGLES is in the project (system)

Ensure CoreMotion is in the project (system)

Ensure MobileCoreServices is in the project (system)

Ensure CoreGraphics is in the project (system)

Ensure QuartzCore is in the project (system)

Ensure libc++ is in the project

Ensure /Users/david.toth/kivy-ios/dist/lib/libsdl2_ttf.a is in the project

Ensure /Users/david.toth/kivy-ios/dist/lib/libffi.a is in the project

Ensure /Users/david.toth/kivy-ios/dist/lib/libsdl2_mixer.a is in the project

Ensure /Users/david.toth/kivy-ios/dist/lib/libfreetype.a is in the project

Ensure /Users/david.toth/kivy-ios/dist/lib/libsdl2_image.a is in the project

Ensure /Users/david.toth/kivy-ios/dist/lib/libsdl2.a is in the project

--

Project directory : touchtracer-ios

XCode project     : touchtracer-ios/touchtracer.xcodeproj

c35735:kivy-ios david.toth$ open touchtracer-ios/touchtracer.xcodeproj

c35735:kivy-ios david.toth$

I was able to get Touchtracer working on the Mac itself.  Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

ZenCODE

Oct 4, 2017, 7:35:17 PM10/4/17
to Kivy users support
What is the exact command your entered to get this error, and what folder were you in?

Thanks

Dave Toth

Oct 5, 2017, 7:25:00 AM10/5/17
to Kivy users support
The error came when I had Xcode open and tried to build the project.

I had created the project

from the directory ~/david.toth/kivy-ios/

with the command  ./toolchain.py create Touchtracer ~/code/kivy/examples/demo/touchtracer/

as per the instructions.  Looking around a little more late last night through the google group, I think that the building of kivy-ios failed on my system and that might be causing the problem.  Is there an easy way to uninstall it, reinstall and rebuild it, and verify the build worked correctly?

I know there are directions here: https://kivy.org/docs/guide/packaging-ios.html

and I (thought I) followed those, but maybe a fresh attempt would be best.

ZenCODE

Oct 5, 2017, 9:50:10 PM10/5/17
to Kivy users support
Good idea. Try building kivy again and perhaps pump the output to a log file so you can search it later for errors...

Dave Toth

Oct 23, 2017, 2:18:56 PM10/23/17
to Kivy users support
I wiped my system and tried again.  Same basic error message.  Attached is the result of running

./toolchain.py build kivy > error.txt

Looks like this is the problem:

checking size of uintptr_t... configure: error: in `/Users/david.toth/kivy-ios/build/python/i386/Python-2.7.1':

configure: error: cannot compute sizeof (uintptr_t)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance!

error.txt

Dave Toth

Oct 23, 2017, 2:23:35 PM10/23/17
to Kivy users support
And here's the config.log file, in case that helps.  It has some errors in it.
config.log

Dave Toth

Oct 23, 2017, 3:09:21 PM10/23/17
to Kivy users support
And one more try, I got a little further in the build process.  Attached are the error.txt and config.log files.
config.log
error.txt