TextInput focus and native keyboard

jrpdrummer

Mar 17, 2015, 12:53:45 AM3/17/15
to kivy-...@googlegroups.com
I'm having the following problem:
    Tap a text input  ->  keyboard pops up
    Type something  ->  it appears in text input)
    Tap a different text input while keyboard is still displayed  ->  Focus doesn't change

Can someone explain to me how to change the behavior so that when the second text input is tapped, it gets focus even when the keyboard is shown for the previously selected text input?

If I close the keyboard before selecting a different text input, then everything works as expected.

I'm deploying this to my iPhone using kivy-ios and kivy 1.9.0-dev.

Also, I noticed that if I print out the addresses of the instances on the on_focus event of the text input, the second text input gets focus before the first text input is defocused. Is this correct behavior?

Thanks!

qua non

Mar 17, 2015, 2:07:03 AM3/17/15
to kivy-...@googlegroups.com