Installing Kivy on Odroid C2 and get 3D Acceleration (OpenGL ES 2.0)

Myster D.

Jul 21, 2016, 11:09:56 AM7/21/16
to Kivy users support
Hello.

I'd like to know if anyone has had any chance in using Kivy properly on an Odroid C2 board.

My main problem, with kivy 1.9.2, built from source :
  • Running the "monkey 3D Rendering" (using Python 2.7) example shows a very slow animation, and Kivy logs show that a software renderer is used, and not the mali accelerated CPU
  • Running the same script using Python 3.5 doesn't start at all, with a "unable to find a window provider" message
I have the intuition that I didn't build kivy properly and that it was built against the software rendering system instead of the hardware one.

Does anyone have any guidelines for making this work ? How to know if the proper packages are installed (mali hardware drivers) and usable by Kivy ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Myster-D