(android) launch another application from a kivy apk to watch downloaded videos.

j colo

Jun 21, 2018, 4:55:08 AM6/21/18
to Kivy users support

Hi,

I am miserably failing to launch video visualization from kivy. It apparently relates to issues with library not compiling.

Any idea how to get access and configure a pyplayer/pffmpg lib version that compiles with the lastest buildozer version ?

Plan B

I am wondering however, can I launch VLC/native video player to ply my video once it is downloaded ? If yes, how would I proceed ? Pylayer ?

Thanks

JC

Alexander Taylor

Jun 23, 2018, 11:02:05 AM6/23/18
to Kivy users support
You can use pyjnius to ask another app to open the video using Android's intent system. I don't have a convenient example though, I don't remember the details of this.